Wildlife volunteering is an amazing way to travel to exotic locations while conserving endangered species worldwide. From protecting sea turtles on the Caribbean beaches of Central America to the rehabilitation of cheetahs and lions in the African bush, this is your chance to give something back to the environment. Based on years of practice and in-depth volunteer reports, GoEco presents you a carefully vetted selection of excellent yet affordable wildlife volunteer projects in countries such as Costa Rica, Israel, Namibia, South Africa and Bolivia.
GoEco has established dozens of ecological and humanitarian programs in cooperation with organizations both in the Arab and Jewish sectors of Israel. The organization offers an informed and vetted selection of projects to GoEco participants. Their target audience is the ecologically concerned and adventurous traveler who wants to explore a region first-hand and to get to know the local people, customs and eco-system through a vetted and organized volunteer program. GoEco organizes the logistical aspects of each program in Israel, including accommodations, subsistence, security, volunteer working structure and leisure activities. GoEco ensures that each volunteer arrives prepared and ready to participate in a program that welcomes the volunteers’ help and assistance.
GoEco arranges for hundreds of Israeli and international volunteers each year to participate in ecological and humanitarian programs initiated by its partner organizations around the world. Through careful preliminary on-line interviewing, GoEco connects each volunteer with the most suitable program. GoEco selects the best available programs around the world, updates the availability and timing of projects, validates the quality and reputation of the projects and assists the volunteer in preparing for the trip.
- Encourage ecological and volunteer tourism that promotes sustainable development.
- Enable travelers to experience different and more rewarding kinds of tourism.
- Encourage travelers to volunteer for the benefit of others and thus to serve as a good-will ambassadors to other countries in the world.
- Encourage travelers from all over the world to come to Israel for ecological and community-based programs, in both the Arab and Jewish sectors, and experience first-hand the unique cultural and natural diversity of this region.
- Support environmental and humanitarian programs that promote understanding and good will between ethnic societies in Israel.
- Conduct further research in the field of ecological tourism, such as the ‘Ecological Footprint’ as a tool for sustainable tourism development.
- Establish an in-depth and up-to-date database of relevant projects worldwide.
- Create a platform from which to explore the various organizations that support the environment and actively encourage volunteering.
GoEco exists to promote ecological and humanitarian programs to as wide an audience as possible. Responsible tourism is one of the key goals of the company and is achieved in the following manner:
- GoEco works with and promotes local programs to a wide audience.
- The number of volunteers is strictly controlled with the programs to minimize any environmental impact.
- GoEco prepares and manages the expectations of volunteers before they depart.
- GoEco makes regular visits to the programs and volunteers to make sure both aspects run smoothly.
- GoEco constantly evaluates volunteer programs based on in-depth volunteer and organizational feedback.
- We are members of and work with local environmental and humanitarian bodies to help develop and promote important issues.
- GoEco promotes environmental and responsible tourism in Israel, a country only starting to become aware of such important issues.
- All volunteers are asked to take public transport to minimize pollution.
- GoEco continuously develops and promotes responsible tourism locally and internationally.